The research project is in medical or health physics, and is examined by thesis.
The coursework is vocationally relevant to radiotherapy, diagnostic imaging, radiation protection and health physics, and is available in online mode.
You will complete Research Methods for Sciences in your first semester. Four other courses will be undertaken in subsequent semesters.
A masters degree will provide you with a foundation for further studies into a PhD and employment in senior leadership and management research-based positions in a variety of government, non-government and corporate organisations.
Graduates of this program are now employed by organisations including:
- Alfred Health Radiation Oncology
- Austin Health Radiology
- Australian Federal Police
- Australian Radiation Protection and Nuclear Safety Agency
- Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre
The program is accredited by the Australasian College of Physical Scientists and Engineers in Medicine (ACPSEM) as an approved postgraduate qualification forming a compulsory component of the requirements to become a certified medical physicist.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research Methods for Sciences
- Radiation Physics and Radiation Protection
- Radiotherapy Physics and Modelling
- Human Structure and Function
- Medical Imaging Physics
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Start date: Continuous
DisciplinesPhysics Human Medicine Medical Imaging View 38 other Masters in Physics in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- a bachelor degree requiring at least four years of full-time study in a relevant discipline awarded with honours; or
- evidence of appropriate academic qualifications and/or experience that satisfies the Associate Deputy Vice-Chancellor, Research Training and Development or nominee that the applicant has developed knowledge of the field of study or cognate field and the potential for research sufficient to undertake the proposed program.
- CRICOS number: 079700G
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International35520 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 35520 AUD per year during 24 months.
- National: Research Training Scheme
Living costs for Melbourne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.