Information Technology (Distance Learning) at London Metropolitan University is specifically designed for career enhancement. It aims to equip you with important knowledge and skills highly valued by employers in the IT industry. These include mobile computing, IT security management, advanced databases and software project management.
You’ll develop a combination of relevant technical skills and client-facing awareness within the IT industry, preparing you for an IT career or helping you advance in your current role.
After the course
Successful completion of this course will offer you a wide range of career opportunities in the Information Technology industry in private and public sectors.
You’ll be fully prepared to work in a variety of areas. These include:
- database administration
- project management
- mobile and web development
- business or systems analysis
- IT consultancy, support services
- product management and training
This course is accredited by the British Computer Society (BCS) - The Chartered Institute for IT. It also meets the educational requirement for Chartered IT Professional (CITP) Further Learning registration.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Communication Technologies for IT (Distance Learning)
- Database Systems with Professional Certification (Distance Learning)
- IT Security Management (Distance Learning)
- MSc Project (Distance Learning)
- Mobile Application Design and Development
- Research and Development Skills
- Software Project Management
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- StartingApply anytime.
You are advised to apply as early as possible as applications will only be considered if there are places available on the course.
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences View 40 other Masters in Informatics & Information Sciences in United Kingdom
Entry requirementsYou will be required to have:
- a lower second-class honours degree in a computing-related subject or a pre-master's course in computing and technology
International6300 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6300 GBP per year during 12 months.
National6300 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6300 GBP per year during 12 months.
- UK: £700 per 20 credits
- International: £700 per 20 credits
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.