The GISMA MSc Leadership for Digital Transformation provides you with all of the essential tools and practical skills to pursue a career in leading transformation projects and change agendas for the digital economy.
Digitalisation is changing business models, technologies, and the value proposition of organisations. This means that there is a need for redefining and restructuring efficiency and customer value propositions.
This programme focuses on how to lead this process and guide your organisation into the future from an international perspective. It opens up careers in multiple sectors, including business, government and consulting, as no part of society is immune to these challenging circumstances. In addition, the 2-year programme includes big data, cyber security, or cloud computing know-how, directly provided by renowned digital companies such as Amazon or Alibaba.
Accreditations and rankings
GISMA Business School also has a long history of working with partner universities in Europe and has successfully delivered partner programmes accredited by AACSB, AMBA, EQUIS, and EPAS.
Who is the programme for?
The programme is for aspiring managers and consultants who want to prepare themselves to take on senior leadership roles in the digitisation process related to all business functions and drive change in their organisations
This postgraduate degree is perfect for graduates in business management or a similar undergraduate business programme as well as graduates of closely related disciplines such as economics, psychology, law, or other social sciences. This programme may also complement a prior undergraduate degree in engineering, computer science, computer engineering or closely related sciences.
Business and/or management experience after the first academic degree is not necessary but highly desirable.
What will you learn?
You will learn to approach digital transformation from a multi-perspective, integrating technological, social and economic aspects. By combining digital transformation and leadership, you will be able to shape and lead change processes. The program imparts fundamental knowledge of the subject area, including business administration, economics, technology, innovation management, entrepreneurship, data control organization design, and cognitive psychology & leadership
Why choose this programme?
Leading the digitalisation from a broader perspective (business, technology, and society) is the focus of this programme. It will be supported by insights of the bigger picture of the organisation and management, as well as communication skills on “how to change”.
How will you study?
GISMA Business School supports flexible and individual learning by applying a systematic hybrid learning scheme. You will spend part of your lectures in class at our Berlin-Potsdam campus. These face-to-face phases are complemented by e-learning sessions. You will work on cases, reflect on readings, take part in online discussions, and participate in group exercises and projects. This variety of learning methods is part of our unique teaching strategy, which includes student-centred pedagogy, project-based learning, collaborative learning, and personalised coaching.
You can start working on your master thesis after you have earned two thirds of the total programme credits. The thesis takes three months in the 1-year programme and six months in the 2-year programme.
• Partnerships with some of the best educational institutions from around the world
• Programmes with top global rankings – the Grenoble MIB is ranked 20th in the world by the Economist in 2017
• International student cohort with over 40 nationalities represented - expand your network
• Excellent student services such as a dedicated Career Centre, visa support and accommodation team
• Scholarships and flexible payment plans available
• Graduates will be entitled to apply for an 18-month post-study residence permit to take advantage of career opportunities in Germany
• Free German classes
• Programmes taught 100% in English - the language of international communication
1. Germany has the 2nd best unemployment rate in the EU, at 3.4%*
2. 4th Best Graduate starting salary at £40,650 in Europe, with a growing economy**
3. Germany is the most popular option for international students looking to study in Europe; It is recognised for its high-quality education and you can experience this with GISMA
4. Berlin, Germany’s capital is the start-up technology capital of Europe
5. Berlin is the largest city in the EU and has a thriving business scene, offering a range of job opportunities to young professionals and graduates.
Germany is well known for its rich history in culture and arts, offering students an enriching international experience whilst combining world-class education from our globally ranked partner institutions.
***According to statistics and data from ICEF monitor.
AACSB, AMBA, EQUIS, and EPAS
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureProgramme Structure
- Leadership and Decision Making
- HR Management and Organization Design
- Cognitive Psychology & Leadership
- Management of People in Cross Cultural Environments
- Behavioural Competencies in Virtual Teams
- Emotional Agility in International Business
- CEO Decision Making & Case Studies
- Project Management and Sustainability
- Project Management
- CSR, Diversity and Ethics
- Study abroad or Internship or Business Project
- Digital competencies
- Innovation Management and Digital Transformation
- T.I.M.E. in a Digital World
- Digital Marketing and Analytics
- Cybersecurity and Digital Risk Management
- Electives in Cloud Computing, Big Data and Cyber Security from Amazon, Alibaba and Co.
- Scientific and Methods Competence
- Research Methods and Scientific Work
- Master Thesis
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Computer Sciences Digital Marketing View 20 other Masters in Digital Marketing in Germany
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant scientific discipline
- English proficiency: B2 (IELTS 6.0) or equivalent
- For non-standard entry routes please seek clarification on requirements with our admissions team.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15500 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
National13000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13000 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
- Tuition fee - € 13,000 / Year
- International fee - €15,500 / Year
- Tuition fee - € 11,000 / Year
- International fee - €12,500 / Year
- EU: 15% (on 1st year)
- International: 20% (on 1st year)
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.