The Health and Social Care Management and Policy MSc of London Metropolitan University is designed to meet the needs of those working in health and welfare services as practitioners, managers or administrators.
The student group is therefore multidisciplinary, and most course members combine study with full-time work. The course is also suitable for graduates with a research interest in the changing nature of health and social care in the new mixed economy of welfare.
The course has recently been re-validated and re-focused. It now offers increased opportunities for you to combine your study of health and social policy with specialist modules in evaluation, management, social care practice, regeneration or public health.
Considering the changing and dynamic nature of health and social care in the new mixed economy of welfare, our course opens up new employment horizons for you. It well equip you with the skills and knowledge needed to contribute to developments in the system.
After the course
This qualification will enhance the career prospects of those working in many settings where knowledge and skills in health and social care management or policy making is relevant. Graduates from our existing programmes report improved career choices and advancement as a result of learning acquired on this programme.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Management of Health and Social Services
- Research Methods for Health and Social Care
- Strategic Planning and Change Management
- Understanding the Policy Process
- Children and Families: Policy and Practice
- Ethical Issues in Healthcare
- Health Improvement
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Management View 760 other Masters in Public Health in United Kingdom
You will be required to have:
- a good honours degree in a health-related subject or sociology, psychology, the social sciences or politics, or the ability to demonstrate the knowledge base, academic skills and motivation to benefit from and succeed in an advanced level award (Applicants with lower qualifications but substantial work or voluntary experience in a relevant area may be considered).
International13250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13250 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA8950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8950 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Part Time (per 20 credit module)
- UK / EU: £995
- International: £1,470
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.