Dietitians are the only qualified health professionals that assess, diagnose and treat diet and nutrition related problems at an individual and wider public health level. Dietitians use the most up-to-date public health and scientific research on food, health and disease, which they translate into practical guidance to enable people to make appropriate lifestyle and food choices.
The Dietetics and Nutrition MSc at London Metropolitan University provides teaching and learning in food, nutrition, dietetics and relevant disease aetiology, pathology and management. Additionally, clinical skills, research skills and public health are embedded in the course.
London Met has state-of-the-art facilities including a simulated ward and outpatients department to help you develop your skills in clinical practice. Some specialist aspects of the course are delivered by guest lecturers who are experts within the field of health and nutrition and dietetics.
After the course
The Dietetics and Nutrition MSc will provide dietetic graduates with core knowledge and skills to enable individuals to work in a wide variety of areas such as public health and health promotion, the management of nutrition related disease and/or disease related malnutrition and in primary care managing dietary needs in long term health conditions.
Dietitians work as part of a team to manage the health and nutritional needs of individuals, communities and populations. Graduating from MSc Dietetics and Nutrition is the start of lifelong learning and an exciting and varied career in nutrition, health and disease management.
The course is accredited by the British Dietetics Association (BDA).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Assessment of Nutritional Status
- Human Nutrition Dissertation
- Integrated Pathology for Dietitians
- Nutrition, Food Science and Catering
- Post Graduate Dietetic Practice Preparation
- Postgraduate Clinical Dietetic
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesNutrition & Dietetics View 121 other Masters in Nutrition & Dietetics in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
You will be required to have:
- a minimum of an upper-second class (2:1) honours degree in life science subjects
- A level Chemistry and Biology both at grade C
- English and Mathematics GCSEs at grade C/grade 4 for above (or equivalent)
- significant nutrition-related work experience (paid or voluntary) within a health or social care setting
- an enhanced DBS check for the adult's and children's workforce
- clearance for non-exposure prone procedures (EPP) by an approved occupational health service
- passed an interview and demonstrate the values that promote compassion, dignity, and respect
- attended at a dietetics career event
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International13750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13750 GBP per year during 24 months.
National9300 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9300 GBP per year during 24 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.