The Publishing Studies (distance learning) programme at the Oxford Brookes University closely follows our established campus-based MA publishing degrees. We have designed it to address publishing employers' needs.
But more importantly, so that you can study while in employment in any field.The publishing industry needs individuals who are able to assess, evaluate and synthesize data. So you will develop skills and knowledge in:
- editorial functions
- data analysis
- writing practices
This course is targeted at individuals who either want to start a career in publishing or who are already working and want to enhance their career with an advanced degree.
If you are a recent graduate who wants to enter publishing but are unable to continue with full time study then this programme enables you to develop appropriate knowledge of the industry. If you are already working and want to progress your career or change career, then the topics we cover in this programme provide the basis for this change.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Marketing and Sales Management
- Digital Production and Workflow Management
- Editorial Management, Functions and Strategies
- International Management of Publishing and Rights
- Culture of Publishing
- 32 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesCreative Writing Journalism View 26 other Masters in Creative Writing in United Kingdom
- a 2:1 honours degree or above or international equivalent in any subject.
- demonstrable interest in the creative publishing industries, such as work experience or voluntary work in a publishing company or fulfilling a publishing-related function in a non-publishing organisation.
- two references; these may be, for example, two academic references, or one academic reference and one from an employer.
International7500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7500 GBP per year and a duration of 32 months.
EU/EEA4330 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4330 GBP per year and a duration of 32 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.