With the International Hospitality, Events and Tourism Management programme at the Oxford Brookes University, you’ll gain an introduction to key concepts including:
- psychology of consumer behaviour
- how to create a marketing plan
- hospitality operations
- strategic financial management
You don’t need to have studied hospitality, events or tourism management and prior work experience is not required.
The International Business in Practice Study Trip module allows you to experience ideas and practices of global business. During the trip you will have direct interaction with management executives and practices.
You will attend presentations from local management executives and experts go on site visits to major corporations and agencies. This study trip is voluntary and you will need to fund all costs associated with the trip. It is not linked to university assessments in any way.
Throughout the course you can choose to go on field trips to events such as:
- the world travel market
- destinations and attractions
- the corporate office of a leading international hotel company.
- Hospitality, Tourism and Events Synthesis
- Tourist Consumer Behaviour and Marketing
- Hospitality Operations Management:
- Strategic Financial Management
- Research Methods
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Hospitality Management View 73 other Masters in Hospitality Management in United Kingdom
- Normally a minimum of a second-class honours degree or equivalent in any subject.
- Entry will be subject to two satisfactory references (one of these must be an academic reference).
- Please note that although useful, prior work experience in the hospitality and tourism industry is not a requirement for this course
International16200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16200 GBP per year during 12 months.
National10200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10200 GBP per year during 12 months.
Home (UK) part time: £5,100
Home (UK) sandwich (placement): £2,000
International / EU sandwich (placement)#£2,000
Living costs for Oxford
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.