This Child and Youth Care Studies programme from the University of Strathclyde draws from a variety of disciplines and approaches including child and youth care, social pedagogy, sociology, psychology, health, education, social work and social policy. You'll develop theoretically informed, practice-based understanding of issues related to the social, political and cultural contexts of children and youth.
The programme considers and examines theoretical and policy contexts, child development in the life space, management and leadership, intervention methods, critical reflection, relational practice and research methods.The programme is delivered entirely online with no attendance required. Modules involve a range of individual and group tasks in addition to live online sessions where the student group will participate in online seminars.
Learning & teaching
The programme is delivered entirely online with no attendance required.
Modules involve a range of individual and group tasks in addition to live online sessions where the student group will participate in online seminars.
- access to a reliable computer with sufficient processing capability
- an excellent broadband connection
- the ability to run applications such as Adobe Connect, Adobe Reader, Flash Player, Java and Windows Media Player
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Globalised Childhood: Theoretical and Policy Contexts
- Child Development in the Lifespace
- Management and Leadership
- Critical Reflection and Relational Practise
- Research Methods and a Masters Research Project
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- There’s no formal closing date for postgraduate applications
DisciplinesFamily & Consumer Science Psychology Educational Psychology View 23 other Masters in Educational Psychology in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- To be eligible for this course you require a first degree or relevant professional qualification, or a combination of qualifications and experience demonstrating capacity for postgraduate study.
- You’ll also require sufficient access to childcare settings through which you can evidence programme and practice requirements.
International3550 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3550 GBP per year during 24 months.
National3550 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3550 GBP per year during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.