Tap into the minds of the legal industry’s thought leaders and leverage their experience to optimize your development. Led by Professor Shelley Kierstead, your instructors are respected judges, crown counsel and consultants including Sherry Darvish, Candice Telfer, Jesse DiCecca and Germán Morales.
The Certificate in Foundations for Graduate Legal Studies from York University is full-time and comprises four courses that run between January and May each year. Students attend classes in person at both of OsgoodePD and Osgoode Hall Law School campuses. After the intensive two-week orientation course, students can expect to attend class four times per week, for a total of 12 hours’ class time weekly.
Why choose the Certificate in Foundations for Graduate Legal Studies?
Legal studies in Canada can be very different from legal studies back home, and this program provides an ideal transitional period.
Whether you are a graduate with a law degree from outside Canada or a professional without a law degree but have law-related work experience - this program will help you develop the legal, analytical and writing skills required for successful performance in your LLM and subsequent legal career.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Orientation to Law
- Introduction to Graduate Legal Analysis and Writing
- Introduction to Canadian Law
- Introduction to Private Law in Canada
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Law Business Law Legal Studies View 11 other Masters in Business Law in Canada
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
As part of your application, we will ask you to provide the following:
- copy of law degree transcripts and any post law degree transcripts; or, if you do not have a law degree, a copy of all university and/or college transcripts
- current resume
- personal statement explaining why you wish to join our program, how your previous education and experience relates to the Certificate Program and how it will benefit you (500 words maximum)
- copy of language proficiency test results. You may be exempted from this requirement if you have completed at least one year of full-time study at an accredited university where English is the only official language of instruction.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15693 CAD/fullTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15693 CAD for the full programme and a duration of .
National9682 CAD/fullTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9682 CAD for the full programme and a duration of .
Plus material fees and applicable taxes.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.