Despite uncertainties related to the Covid-19 crisis, Roskilde University is committed and prepared to deliver high quality education on campus as well as online if needed.
Despite a common biological basis, today these two subjects are very different in their approach to biology. Nevertheless, molecular biological methods and techniques are increasingly used in modern environmental biology.
You will learn about cell biology and physiology, molecular genetics, biochemistry, genetic and protein engineering and bio-informatics. You will gain insights into biological systems at all levels (from sub-cellular to ecosystems) and into the interactions between micro and macro-organisms and their environment.
You will learn about the human impact on biological and ecological systems, genetic versus environmental impacts on organisms, as well as nutrient and element cycling processes in ecosystems.
The Environmental Biology and Molecular Biology at Roskilde University provides you with a wide range of job opportunities in the public and private sectors within:
- Public or private research or control laboratories, for example in the healthcare or environmental sector
- Environmental control and consulting
- The biotech industry
- The education sector
- Consultancies, e.g. in environmental monitoring
- Government agencies with focus on environmental health
The master programme also qualifies graduates for admission to a PhD programme.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Principles and Practice of Ecotoxicology
- Biological Resources and Production
- Introduction to Quantitative Methods in Environmental Risk Assessment
- Experimental Biotechnology
- Eukaryotic Cell Biology
- Practical Ecology – Monitoring Techniques
- Energy and Element Cycling in Ecosystems
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesBiology Molecular Sciences Environmental Sciences View 22 other Masters in Biology in Denmark
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A degree equivalent to a Danish bachelor's degree
- Study elements equivalent to Danish bachelor’s level taken before completing your bachelor's degree - e.g. additional courses where you obtain ECTS/credits taken concurrently with your bachelor's degree or study elements passed at another bachelor's degree that you have not completed. However, we will only include a maximum of 30 ECTS from these studies.
You will not be assessed based on:
- Work experience
- Motivated application
- Courses you have taken after completion of your bachelor's degree
- Courses equivalent to studies at Danish master's level
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International18000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9000 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.