Opportunities for graduates exist in a range of industries such as finance, films and games, pharmaceuticals, health care, consumer products and public services. This Advanced Computer Science with Big Data programme from the University of Strathclyde gives you the skill set needed.Assessment methods include dissertation.
Opportunities for graduates of the MSc Advanced Computer Science with Big Data exist in various industries:
- films and games
- consumer products
- public services
Future career options include:
- big data analyst
- software engineer
- data scientist
- data consultant
- Legal, Ethical and Professional Issues for the Information Society
- Research Methods
- Distributed Information Systems
- Big Data Technologies
- Machine Learning for Data Analytics
- Research Project
- Advanced Topics in Software Engineering
- Mobile Software Applications
- Evolutionary Computing for Finance
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
There’s no formal closing date for postgraduate applications
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Technology Computer Sciences Data Science & Big Data View 419 other Masters in Data Science & Big Data in United Kingdom
- Minimum second-class honours degree or international equivalent in computer science or another numerate discipline (eg mathematics, physics, engineering)
- Some programming or database experience is normally required.
- Other disciplines who have significant programming experience should contact us to discuss applying for this course.
International20650 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20650 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9050 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9050 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Glasgow
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.