The Msc Advanced Mechanical Engineering with Power Plant Technologies at The University of Strathclyde provides mechanical engineering graduates with an in-depth technical understanding of advanced mechanical engineering topics relevant to the power generation industry. You’ll also develop generic skills that allow you to contribute effectively in developing company capabilities.
The course helps to make you more employable and also satisfies the further learning requirements necessary to obtain Chartered Engineer status.Assessment is by written assignments, exams and the individual project.
You’ll have the opportunity to select technical and specialist classes.
This course is particularly suitable for graduate engineers in these sectors:
- chemical, petrochemical & process engineering
- design engineering
- power generation
- oil & gas
Institution of Mechanical Engineers and provides a route for Chartered Engineer (CEng) status.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Electrical Power Systems
- Gas and Steam Turbines
- Boiler Thermal Hydraulics
- Engineering Composites
- Pressurised Systems
- Aerodynamic Performance
- Aerodynamic Propulsion Systems
- Machinery Diagnosis and Condition Monitoring
- Spaceflight Mechanics
- Advanced Topics in Fluid Systems Engineering
- Polymer and Polymer Composites
- Materials for High Temperature Applications
- Energy and Resources and Policy
- Energy Modelling and Monitoring
- industrial metallurgy.
- Design Management
- Project Management
- Risk Management
- Financial Engineering
- Environmental Impact Assessment
All MSc students will do an Individual Project.
- 12 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- There’s no formal closing date for postgraduate applications
DisciplinesMechanical Engineering Energy & Power Engineering View 164 other Masters in Mechanical Engineering in United Kingdom
- Normally a first-class or second-class honours degree (or international equivalent) in engineering or physical sciences, or equivalent professional qualification.
- A lower class degree may be considered with relevant work experience.
International21850 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21850 GBP per year during 12 months.
National8850 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8850 GBP per year during 12 months.
- Rest of UK: £9,250
Living costs for Glasgow
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.