In a global society we meet people from different cultures and social backgrounds in a variety of contexts, challenging the ways we communicate with one another. Communication is for example crucial when encountering different nationals in a business meeting or when integrating migrants in the local community.
You will gain knowledge on the concept of culture and analytical tools that allow you to understand and work with culture in theory and practice, working with problems that involve multicultural or multilingual contexts.
The Master in Communication Studies and Cultural Encounters at Roskilde University provides a broad basis to engage with the planning and development of communication material and communicative processes for a variety of purposes: cross-national and cross-cultural collaborations, newsmaking and the dissemination of culture, as well as for the development of organisations and employees.
The programme will equip you to work as a communication professional in private and public organisations, or as an independent communication consultant. Previous students who have studied in Communication Studies at Roskilde University are currently working as:
- Digital communication officer at Médecins du Monde
- Communication manager
- Content manager at Better collective
- Project coordinator at eCapacity
- Online communications assistant at UNOPS
- Communication and Partnership Officer at UNOPS
- Communications Consultant at Comet Consular Services
- Communication & Promotion Officer at Ministry for Foreign Affairs, Sweden
- SEO & Social Media Wizard at SimpleSite
- Communications Officer at Australian Red Cross
The master programme qualifies graduates to start on a PhD programme.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Strategic communication In an international context
- Visual Culture and New Media
- Thesis based on Communication Studies
- Contemporary Themes in International
- Communication Research
- Elective course in Communication Studies
- Communication Studies
- Cultural Encounters
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies International Relations Digital Communication View 25 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in Denmark
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A degree equivalent to a Danish bachelor's degree
- Study elements equivalent to Danish bachelor’s level taken before completing your bachelor's degree - e.g. additional courses where you obtain ECTS/credits taken concurrently with your bachelor's degree or study elements passed at another bachelor's degree that you have not completed. However, we will only include a maximum of 30 ECTS from these studies.
You will not be assessed based on:
- Work experience
- Motivated application
- Courses you have taken after completion of your bachelor's degree
- Courses equivalent to studies at Danish master's level
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International10500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5250 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.