Emphasis is placed on understanding development in the context of globalisation, such as the significance of globalisation for conflict resolution, political stability and institutions of global governance.
This Master in International Development Studies and Global Studies at Roskilde University encourages you to explore how processes of development are anchored in values, socio-economic inequality, power relations and international and local politics. After graduation, you will understand development in new ways, and will have acquired the necessary problem-solving tools to understand and communicate in the ever more complex world in which we live.
The combination MSc programme provides specific skills with a particular view to qualifying you for work in development organisations (national and non-governmental organisations) as well as in the private sector.
This programme is qualifying you for work in:
- Development organisations (national and non-governmental organisations)
- The private sector
- Consulting firms
The master programme qualifies graduates to start on a PhD programme.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Theory in International Development
- Foundation course in Global studies
- Advanced study seminar in International Development Studies
- Development Practices and Challenges
- Advanced methodology course in International Development Studies
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies International Development International Business View 18 other Masters in International Business in Denmark
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A degree equivalent to a Danish bachelor's degree
- Study elements equivalent to Danish bachelor’s level taken before completing your bachelor's degree - e.g. additional courses where you obtain ECTS/credits taken concurrently with your bachelor's degree or study elements passed at another bachelor's degree that you have not completed. However, we will only include a maximum of 30 ECTS from these studies.
You will not be assessed based on:
- Work experience
- Motivated application
- Courses you have taken after completion of your bachelor's degree
- Courses equivalent to studies at Danish master's level
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International8700 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4350 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Roskilde
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.