The combination provides insight into global politics, trade, labour conditions, development policies, finance and resource economics.
You will gain a deeper understanding of the structure of international development, as well as of the various political, economic and social aspects of global issues and development.
The Master in Global Studies and International Development Studies at Roskilde University strives to qualifying you for work in the public or private sector, focusing on regional or international organisations, media, consultancies, NGOs and the private sector.
The programme gives you a wide range of job opportunities in the public or private sector within:
- Government ministries and regional and international organisations.
This degree qualifies you for a PhD study.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Foundation course in Global studies
- Theory in International Development
- Choose between: New Threats or Labour and Globalisation or Global Justice and Advocacy
- Thesis based on Global Studies
- Development Practices and Challenges
- Advanced methodology course in Global Studies
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies International Relations International Development View 22 other Masters in International Relations in Denmark
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A degree equivalent to a Danish bachelor's degree
- Study elements equivalent to Danish bachelor’s level taken before completing your bachelor's degree - e.g. additional courses where you obtain ECTS/credits taken concurrently with your bachelor's degree or study elements passed at another bachelor's degree that you have not completed. However, we will only include a maximum of 30 ECTS from these studies.
You will not be assessed based on:
- Work experience
- Motivated application
- Courses you have taken after completion of your bachelor's degree
- Courses equivalent to studies at Danish master's level
International8700 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8700 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Roskilde
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.