The Wave Physics and Acoustics programme at Le Mans Université is dedicated for high level students with diverse educational backgrounds (including e.g. Bachelor Degrees in physics, mechanical/ electrical engineering, material science and acoustics), who wish to pursue an international career in academia or in leading companies.
It is an international Master's program with an excellent scientific training, and a careful choice of state-of-the-art research lectures, in direct relation to the latest research findings of the international scientific community (e.g. topological acoustics, machine learning in acoustic emission, metamaterials…).
Advanced lectures on waves by international invited experts will also be delivered in the curriculum (gravitational waves, X-ray micro-tomography, solitons in Bose-Einstein condensates, metamaterials…)
- Prepare international students to research in advanced Wave Physics
- Offer high level lectures from international experts on a wide spectrum of topics in Wave Physics (e.g. gravitational waves, x-ray micro-tomography, nonlinear optics, …)
- Acquire most research skills as identified by e.g. Vitae Researcher Development Framework
- Learning through research projects in the lab as part of a research team of LAUM
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Physics of waves
- Methods for waves
- Physical Acoustics
- Elastic wavesn vibration and introduction to nonlinear waves
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesPhysics General Engineering & Technology Machine Learning View 96 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in France
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- To apply to this international Master program, a bachelor Degree is mandatory, in the following fields: physics, mechanical/ electrical engineering, material science, acoustics.
- A selection committee will evaluate the applications and select the students on the basis of the Bachelor results, matching of the profile with the Master’s program and motivation.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
Tuition FeeVisit official programme website
Living costs for Le Mans
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
FundingMerit-based grant/scholarship: up to 10 excellence fellowships are awarded each year for the master students of this international master "Wave Physics & Acoustics". The fixed amount is 5000€ per year and per awarded student.
You can apply for a grant/scholarship awarded on the basis of social criteria. There is other assistance available: one-off financial assistance, merit assistance, specific assistance. Students can benefit from the following:
- grant/scholarship based on social criteria
- specific annual assistance (ASAA)
- accommodation run by the CROUS
- The student rental payments guarantee (CLÉ)
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.