With the appropriate mix of technical and business skills, graduates of the Software Management programme of Limkokwing University of Creative Technology can systematically analyse business situations and propose, plan, and manage rigorous software development strategies and efforts to fulfill organisational objectives.
This programme aims at equipping industry practitioners and academicians with advanced knowledge and skills in software management. Among the main objectives are to:
- Produce graduates who possess fundamental skills and knowledge in design and the ability to implement software metrics aligned with business and stakeholder goals;
- Train graduates to manage software development throughout its life cycle and the resources needed to finish projects;
- Equip graduates with advanced theoretical principles and scientific methods to create effective solutions to practical problems;
- Develop the students' effective communication skills in both written and oral form;
- Train graduates to work on a project where they can propose, design, build, test, analyse, and deliver solutions that meet appropriate computing standards and realistic constraints;
- Instill students with the ability to seek knowledge through lifelong learning;
- Equip graduates with the ability to supervise and carry out research under supervision;
- Inculcate graduates with professional and ethical responsibilities, as well as understanding of the possible social, economic, cultural, legal and environmental impact of their computing solutions in the global context;
- Help students obtain an understanding of failed projects and their root causes.
At the end of this programme, students will be able to:
- Apply and integrate knowledge concerning current research issues by offering specialised expertise at an advanced level in business, financial and information systems disciplines in the domain of the study programme;
- Use facts and data together with process-oriented thinking and logic to ensure that software management will meet organisational, financial, market, and technical requirements;
- Evaluate and analyse ICT solutions in terms of their usability, efficiency and effectiveness;
- Demonstrate an ability to integrate methods from different areas of organisation, management, information systems and communication technology to analyse performance;
- Apply existing techniques of research and enquiry to acquire, extend, create and interpret knowledge in ICT;
- Communicate and function effectively in a group;
- Prepare, publish and present technical material to a diverse audience; and
- Demonstrate behaviour that is consistent with codes of professional ethics and responsibility.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Strategic Management Information Systems
- Research Methodology
- Decision Support & Intelligent System
- Innovation & Entrepreneurship
- Software Maintenance & Configuration Management
- System and Software Requirement Analysis and Specifications
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesComputer Sciences View 16 other Masters in Computer Sciences in Malaysia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in related field or its equivalent, with a minimum CGPA of 2.75 OR
- A Bachelor’s Degree in related field or its equivalent, with a minimum CGPA of 2.50 and not meeting CGPA of 2.75, can be accepted subject to rigorous internal assessment process OR
- A Bachelor’s Degree in related field or its equivalent, with CGPA less than 2.50, with a minimum of 5 years working experience in a relevant field may be accepted
- For candidates without Computing Degree, prerequisite modules in computing must be offered to adequately prepare them for their advanced study AND
- English Proficiency Requirement for International student
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.