In your first semester, you will shape your leadership and management skills to become an effective 21st century manager, gaining and excellent understanding of the core subjects, enabling you to put theory and contemporary thinking into practice.
During your second semester, you’ll understand the value of business analytics within an organisation, its impact on decision-making and the problems faced in interpreting big data. You’ll face practical challenges and focus on applying descriptive statistics to analyse real-world data. You will be developing skills within:
- quantitative methods for data analysis;
- understand the business analytics process;
- acquire the knowledge to identify machine learning models to predict uncertain events in a business environment;
- learn current trends within business analytics:
- mobile BI
- sentiment / emotion analysis
- text analysis
- event stream processing.
Finally, in your third semester, you’ll choose an experiential project. With the opportunity to use your skills in a real-world setting, you can choose from completing a consultancy experience project, an internship experience project, a business research project or a global experience project.
What you’ll gain from this Management and Business Analytics course from Nottingham Trent University?
- develop an understanding on the relationship between business strategies and business analytics.
- demonstrate an understanding of a range of strategic models that can be utilised to explore and guide effective action in dynamic organisational environments.
- explore data analytics application in real-world business environment.
- enhance your skills within quantitative research, statistical analysis, spatial and temporal analytics.
- identify some of the types of data and potential problems that may be encountered within operations and sales.
Careers and employability
At Nottingham Business School, we’re focused on your employability from the start of your postgraduate degree. We provide you with a learning experience that integrates theory and practice.
Graduates from this course are expected to go onto roles within the public, private and third sector, undertaking positions such as:
- junior analyst
- business consultant
- market research analyst
- data analytics manager
- Principles of Management
- Managing in Organisations
- Context of Management
- Predictive and Prescriptive Analytics
- Data Analysis for Managerial Decision Making
- Consultancy Experience Project
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- We would recommend applying as soon as you are able as we may close the course if it is full.
DisciplinesProject Management Business Intelligence & Analytics Machine Learning View 234 other Masters in Machine Learning in United Kingdom
- You will need an undergraduate degree equivalent to a UK undergraduate honours degree (2.2 or above).
- All applicants will be required to demonstrate a commitment to the subject they wish to study and should demonstrate how their chosen programme of study will benefit them in their future career.
- One academic reference is required.
International18000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National11000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11000 GBP per year during 12 months.
- National: £12,385 (£11,000 in year one and £1,385 in year two)
- International: £19,385 (£18,000 in year one and £1,385 in year two)
Living costs for Nottingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.