Alderson Broaddus University understands that many teachers seek a graduate degree but also wish to continue working with students; these teachers do not wish to become principals, but become better teachers who can affect change, and become leaders within their school.
The Teacher Leader program prepares teacher leaders to assume roles that include, but are not limited to: mentor teacher, lead teacher, department chair, curriculum design specialist, academic coach, technology integration specialist, professional development specialist, and school improvement specialist.
The University also knows that a teacher’s time is valuable, so we designed our program to be flexible to your schedule and completely online.
The Teacher Leader program consists of ten 3-credit hour courses delivered in synchronous and asynchronous online settings. For the full-time student, a master’s degree can be obtained in one full academic year, and for the part-time student, 2 years. All cohorts begin in the fall semester, continue through the spring semester and conclude with a capstone project during summer courses.
- Proficient with current technologies and exude confidence in using technology to help the learning community approach achievement data in meaningful ways.
- Ability to demonstrate by example his/her skills in problem-solving, innovation, communication, and management within and among the educational, professional, and business communities.
- Proficient researcher of professional literature, able to analyze and evaluate research findings in relation to methodologies and interventions that increase student achievement and school effectiveness.
- Ability to facilitate knowledge of curriculum, instruction, and effective learning culture to students and teachers in the classroom, the school, and the school system.
- Policy, Law, and Ethics for Teachers
- Leadership Seminar
- Folio Defense
- Internship Capstone
- Technology for Teacher Leaders
- Instruction by Design
- Classroom Management Strategies
- Societal Issues and Education
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEducation Teaching View 3578 other Masters in Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Bachelor’s Degree - Prior to matriculation, applicants must have earned a Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited University or college, or a Bachelor’s Degree certified through World Education Services.
Applicants are expected to possess word processing and internet browsing skills upon entry to the Program.
International17850 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 595 USD per credit during 12 months.
National17850 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 595 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Clarksburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.