Food Regulatory Affairs (Veterinary Public Health) degree offered at Ulster University is an interdisciplinary subject area - integrating science, law and food/health policy as applied to the regulation of the entire food chain from pre-harvest to the consumer. International perspectives on Food Regulatory Affairs have become increasingly important particularly since the formation of the World Trade Organisation and the international acceptance of Codex Alimentarius standards.
This part-time programme provides postgraduate training in Food Regulatory Affairs together with a specialism in Veterinary Public Health (VPH) and is particularly designed for veterinarians employed in the food sector who wish to develop their career in this field but who are unable to undertake study on a full-time basis.
The academic content of the programme helps students to develop knowledge and understanding of legislative, policy and scientific aspects of food regulatory affairs as well as to acquire skills to disseminate and implement knowledge in practice. This leads to excellent employment opportunities in government (EU and international) and non-government organisations, and in the European and international agri-food industry.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Risk Analysis
- International Food Regulatory Affairs
- Veterinary Programme Structure
- Public Health Regulatory
- Food Regulatory Affairs Research Project
- Food and Health
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesPublic Health Food Sciences View 14 other Masters in Food Sciences in United Kingdom
- Applicants for the PgD/MSc Food Regulatory Affairs with Veterinary Public Health specialism must hold a degree in veterinary medicine from a university of the United Kingdom or the Republic of Ireland, or from an institution of another country which has been recognised as being of an equivalent standard. Normally students will have a minimum of one-year post qualification experience prior to commencement of the programme.
- Applicants are also demonstrate evidence of competence in written and spoke English (GCSE grade C or equivalent).
International14480 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14480 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA6080 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6080 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.