Forensic Psychology from University of Roehampton will introduce you to the key theoretical concepts and practical approaches relevant to the legal and criminal justice system. The core philosophy of the course is to promote an understanding of the role of forensic psychologists in various forensic settings, whilst preparing you for a rewarding career or doctoral study in the field of forensic psychology.
Once you’ve successfully graduated from the programme, you can continue your training to becoming a Chartered Forensic Psychologist. You could then go onto work in prison and probation services, rehabilitation units, secure hospitals, and social services.
The skills and knowledge you develop can also lead you to a successful career in:
- The NHS or private sector healthcare
- Civil Service, including the Home Office, Ministry of Justice, the police or the courts and justice system
- Education and research within universities.
- Understanding Criminal Behaviour
- Assessment and Consultancy Provision
- Forensic Psychological Interventions
- Criminal Justice System Framework
- Forensic Mental Health
- Research Methods Skills
- Masters Research Project
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- National students deadlines - 28 September
- If you are an international student, you should apply as soon as possible.
DisciplinesPsychology Forensic Science School Counselling View 117 other Masters in Forensic Science in United Kingdom
- You should usually hold a second-class honours degree (certain programmes may require a 2:1) from a recognised British or overseas university.
- Language requirements
- International Baccalaureate
- European Baccalaureate English
International16000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National10000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10000 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.