You can earn the Masters of Education in Leadership and Learning through completing a mixture of Postgraduate Certificates (PgCert) and career-long professional learning (CLPL) courses developed with partners.
This Masters of Education in Leadership and Learning at The University of Edinburgh cultivates:
- high-quality professional dialogue
- a critical and informed reflection on your teaching and leadership practice
- a comprehensive introduction to different aspects of practitioner enquiry/teacher leadership
To earn a Postgraduate Diploma (PgDip) in Leadership and Learning, in addition to one of the Certificates, you will complete a further 60 credits, either by way of another Postgraduate Certificate from the list above, or either of:
- Postgraduate Certificate: Leadership and Learning: Extended work-based project
- 60 credits from any relevant University of Edinburgh masters programmes (including the option for 60 credits Accreditation of Prior Certificated Learning (APCL) for Professional Graduate Diploma in Education (PGDE) Level 11 credits)
To earn the Masters of Education (MEd) in Leadership and Learning, you will complete an additional 60 credits from the above options, ensuring this includes the Postgraduate Certificate Leadership & Learning: Extended work-based project.
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
We encourage you to apply at least one month prior to entry so that we have enough time to process your application.
DisciplinesEducation Educational Leadership View 753 other Masters in Education in United Kingdom
- A UK 2:1 honours degree, or its international equivalent, in a relevant discipline.
- As this is a professional programme and practice-focused, all applicants will need to be working in a relevant professional context in Scotland.
- We may also consider your application if you have relevant employment or experience; please contact us to check before you apply.
International1335 GBP/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1335 GBP per module during 72 months.
National665 GBP/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 665 GBP per module during 72 months.
10 credit course
- Home: £665
- Overseas/EU: £1,395
Living costs for Edinburgh
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.