Health Psychology is developing rapidly in the UK, across Europe and internationally in response to the increase in non-communicable diseases, such as diabetes and obesity. There is recognised need for a psychological approach to managing lifestyle choices and healthcare delivery to address the impact on health.
Health Psychology degree offered at Ulster University is intended for graduate students in psychology who wish to pursue professional careers in Psychology, and who seek to enhance their knowledge, skills and awareness of its applications to health and illness. It also enhances independent learning, verbal and written communication skills, time management and research skills.
It is assumed that the majority of our graduates will seek to pursue a career as a professional psychologist and many will go on to complete stage two of the training required to become a registered health psychologist. However, the degree will prepare students for a range of careers in health and related disciplines and some may further their studies by completing a PhD.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Social, Cultural and Family Perspectives in Health Psychology (SCFP)
- Context and Perspectives in Health Psychology (CPHP)
- Methods and Issues in Research and Practice (MIRP)
- Models and Applications in Health Psychology (MAHP)
- Dissertation for Health Psychology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesPsychology Educational Psychology View 81 other Masters in Psychology in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants would normally be expected to have at least an upper second class honours degree in psychology conferring eligibility for GBC membership of the British Psychological Society (or National/international Equivalent e.g. PSI). Students will not normally be required to attend an interview.
- Selection will be based upon academic qualifications, relevant experience, personal statement in application form, as well as the University’s policy on graduate recruitment.
International14480 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14480 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA6080 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6080 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.