Cultural Heritage and Museum Studies degree offered at Ulster University is delivered through the School of Arts and Humanities and is taught on the Belfast campus.
It has many links with the museum and heritage profession in both Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland and students have the advantage of meeting with practitioners through lectures and visits. Graduates have been successful in securing positions in the museum and heritage sectors in the UK, Ireland and internationally - we frequently invite past students as guest speakers, sharing their knowledge and expertise of career development.
- Museums, Archive and Galleries, entry level posts such as collections management and curatorship, learning and public engagement;
- Specialist museum-related training e.g. in conservation of museum objects
- museum based internships
- The heritage sector (such as National Trust) and the arts
- PhD research
- Graduates also pursue other interests such as travelling.
- Exploring Heritage
- Cultures of Curatorship
- Exhibitions: Practice and Evaluation
- Strategic Management
- Research Methods for the Heritage and Museum Sectors
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies History Museum Studies View 104 other Masters in Museum Studies in United Kingdom
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Ulster University and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- We welcome people with an honours degree in an area relevant to museum and heritage practice, such as: Arts and Humanities e.g. Archaeology and Anthropology, History, Fine and Applied Arts; Environmental Sciences e.g. Geography (including human geography and historic geography); Social Sciences e.g. Sociology, Policy Studies; Business & Marketing e.g. Tourism Studies, Management Studies.
- If you do not have an honours degree, but have relevant experience or learning, we will consider your application.
- English Language Requirements
International15360 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15360 GBP per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA6410 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6410 GBP per year during 12 months.
- Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland and EU Settlement Status fees: £6,410
Living costs for Belfast
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.