Human Nutrition (part-time) degree offered at Ulster University will provide students with a broad knowledge and understanding of human nutrition developing scientific skills to master's level. Taught semesters provide study in core modules in human nutrition. The human nutrition research project is an integral part of this programme where students undertake an independent research project under close supervision.
The academic content of the programme, together with the experience gained from Masters research project, leads to excellent employment opportunities within industry, nutrition research, health promotion, public health, personalised nutrition ie in the areas of metabolomics, nutrigenomics or in nutrition overseas. Many of our graduates choose to pursue higher research degrees (PhD) or to pursue further taught study in the area of human nutrition, dietetics, sports nutrition or to complete a PGCE and become teachers of science, home economics or biology at both this University or at other institutions of higher education and research.
- Applied Nutrition
- Biochemistry and Molecular Approaches to Nutrition
- Public Health and Nutrition Behaviour
- Research Methods and Biostatistics for Nutritional Sciences
- Nutrition Research Project
- Evidence-Based Practice in Healthcare Sciences
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Nutrition & Dietetics Biochemistry View 122 other Masters in Nutrition & Dietetics in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants must have gained a second class BSc Hons degree or higher in a science based course which has provided substantial background in core science subjects in particular biochemistry/food chemistry and also physiology/anatomy or equivalent science subjects from a recognised institution.
- English Language Requirements
International16700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16700 GBP per year during 36 months.
EU/EEA6270 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6270 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Coleraine
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.