Why This Programme
- This MSc War Studies programme from University of Glasgow aims to challenge, educate and engage by exposing you to a wide range of different ideas about war. It is specifically designed to broaden and deepen your understanding of the nature of war in theory and practice, and its place in history.
- The University of Glasgow is home to the Scottish Centre for War Studies. You will be able to participate in regular research seminars on critical themes related to conflict as well as to related conferences.
- All courses are designed to expose you to detailed research topics, source criticism and current debate, and are led by internationally acknowledged experts.
Positions held by recent graduates include Development Director, Correspondent, and Freelance Journalist.
The programme provides an excellent platform for you to move onto PhD studies and an academic career.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- War Studies Core Course: Theory and Reality in Western Warfare
- Chivalry and Warfare in Late Medieval Europe, C.1300 to C1500
- The American Way of War
- Insurgency and Counter-insurgency, 1800-present
- Western Intelligence in an Age of Terror
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Deadline passed, EEA/EU
DisciplinesMilitary Science History Modern History View 100 other Masters in Modern History in United Kingdom
- Entry requirements for postgraduate taught programmes are a 2.1 Honours degree or equivalent qualification (for example, GPA 3.0 or above) in a relevant subject unless otherwise specified.
- You must also submit a brief statement (no longer than one page) outlining your interest in the programme.
- A copy (or copies) of your official degree certificate(s) (if you have already completed your degree)
- A copy (or copies) of your official academic transcript(s), showing full details of subjects studied and grades/marks obtained
- Official English translations of the certificate(s) and transcript(s)
- One reference letter on headed paper
- A copy of the photo page of your passport (Non-EU students only)
International18370 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 18370 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA8500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8500 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Home and EU: Part-time fee: £944 per 20 credits
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.