With the pervasiveness of the digital technologies, there is a shift in the skillsets required to understand the role that information systems and technologies play in business.
Information systems and technologies are becoming increasingly integral to success as businesses transform themselves into digitally-enabled organizations.
The MicroMasters® program in information systems is designed to provide an overview of the foundational capabilities that form the digital core along with the digital technology strategy that focuses on creating value at the frontiers of business and technology.
Learn from world-renowned information systems professors and authors of leading textbooks at Kelley School of Business — the #1 ranked school for online business graduate programs.
This Information Systems MicroMaster Program from EdX in collaboration with MicrosoftX will help you gain expertise as follows:
- Understanding structured transactional data and known questions along with unknown, less-organized questions that are enabled by raw/external datasets in the data lakes. Some of the topics will include data strategy and data governance; relational databases/SQL; data integration; master data management; and big data technologies.
- The foundational cloud capability supports the need for agility, scale and operating flexibility that is needed to create more adaptable, digital businesses. Some of the topics covered will include network and application architecture; virtualization; cloud computing models; deployment on the cloud; and the internet of things (IoT).
- In developing the digital ecosystem, value will be premised in the utility that is created by strategically infusing business with digital technologies. Some of the topics covered will include blockchain and distributed trust; artificial intelligence and robotic process automation; business analytics and machine learning for digital information; managing IT investments; AGILE for digital transformation; and digital resiliency, security, and risk management.
- Corporate, nonprofit, government, and professional services organizations will continue to need high-capability information systems/digital technologies-savvy professionals.
- Professionals across a variety of roles can leverage the MicroMasters program certificate to gain confidence and fluency as they communicate with colleagues, customers, and stakeholders.
What You'll Learn:
- How to unlock business value using information systems/digital technologies
- How to think about information systems/digital technologies from the perspective of a CEO, Chief Information Officer, or a member of the executive suite
- From the perspective of a business professional, how to structure, manage, and leverage data and systems in support of business goals
- How to leverage cloud technologies to support business outcomes
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Enterprise Data Management
- Digital Technology and Innovation
- Digital Ecosystem Infrastructure
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 9 months
- 8 hrs/week
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Technology Artificial Intelligence Machine Learning View 808 other programmes in Informatics & Information Technology in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International1347 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1347 USD for the full programme during 9 months.
National1347 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1347 USD for the full programme during 9 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.