The MSc Advanced Clinical Practice course at University of Wolverhampton is to acknowledge your prior experience and knowledge as a health professional and subsequently enable you to fulfil your potential as a postgraduate through the development of new understanding, critical insight and advanced level academic and clinical skills. This course is open to practitioners registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC), or Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC), or General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC).
This programme will develop the health professional’s knowledge and skills to work at an advanced level of clinical practice. The programme has been designed around the current Health Education England West Midlands (HEEWM) competency framework. The Advanced Clinical Practice Framework for the West Midlands is multidisciplinary and applies to all non-medical healthcare professionals including nurses, midwives, pharmacists and allied health professionals.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Clinical Reasoning for Advanced Clinical Practice
- Health Assessment for Advanced Clinical Practice
- Leadership and Governance for Advanced Clinical Practice
- Advanced Inquiry for Nurses, Midwives and Allied Health Professionals
- Advanced Perspectives of Non-Medical Prescribing Practice
- Advanced Pharmacology for Non-Medical Prescribing
- Elder Emergency Care
- Long Term Conditions
- Paediatric Emergency Care
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
If you are applying via UCAS, you will need to refer to the deadlines set by them. Direct applications can be made any time prior to the course start date.
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Sciences View 1712 other Masters in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Hold current first level Professional Registration with a relevant regulatory body.
- Entry requirement includes first degree and minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience in clinical practice.
- Recognised post within a healthcare organisation and the post listed within workforce plan and business need.
- Confirmed defined / protected Advanced Clinical Practice role for the trainee to be moved into on successful completion of the programme.
- Appropriately named clinical supervisor to support the trainee during the programme of training.
- One day a week protected time for supported clinical practice (or equivalent)
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.