The Professional Practice and Lifelong Education programme at University of Wolverhampton endeavours to enhance participants' capacity to apply scholarship, theory and research to relevant professional practice.
It also aims to support the development of critical and reflective dialogue in lifelong education and training. Participants are expected to engage in reflective activities that examine the key literature and research in this field. It is anticipated that participants will synthesise theory and practice in order to actively engage in their own continuing professional development.
At the end of this course you the student, will be able to demonstrate:
- Originality in the application of knowledge to explain the significance of some relevant professional, institutional, and sector factors shaping lifelong education and professional practice
- A systematic understanding and critical awareness of issues of diversity and social justice related to lifelong education and professional practice
- In depth knowledge of key policies, theories and practices within the field of lifelong education and professional practice based upon recent research and writing
- Evaluate critically current research and advanced scholarship
- Recognition of own value positions related to education and professional practice
- The ability to analyse, judge and critique areas of knowledge and practice
- Sustaining Criticality in Professional Practice
- Educational Research and Developmental Approaches
- Extending Criticality in Professional Practice
- Mentoring: Critical Dialogue and Professional Practice
- Politics, Policy and Practice
- Developing Language and Literacy in PCE
- Professional Enquiry
- Identity and the Management of Changing Roles in Lifelong Education and Professional Practice
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
If you are applying via UCAS, you will need to refer to the deadlines set by them. Direct applications can be made any time prior to the course start date.
DisciplinesEducation Educational Research Pedagogy View 75 other Masters in Pedagogy in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- First degree
- Some types of professional experience (e.g. experience of teaching and/or managing in an appropriate sector: for example, post-compulsory education; voluntary sector; training; adult and community education) MAY be acceptable as APL in lieu of a first degree.
- Applicants must be current practitioners in, or have had very recent experience of working in, an appropriate sector: for example, post-compulsory education; voluntary sector; training; adult and community education.
- All applications will require a satisfactory reference before a decision is taken - even from students on another award at the University of Wolverhampton
National3275 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3275 GBP per year during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.