This specialist programme reflects the dynamic contemporary practices within the creative industries. It stimulates you to create challenging solutions to real-world design issues to create innovators and leaders in the field of visual communication. You identify the key transferable skills to help you create or respond to career opportunities or undertake further research.
You consider branding, graphic design, illustration, marketing, user experience, new media and future technologies – exploring and visually representing important information. You explore scenario building, fore sighting and future proofing as important factors in establishing the direction of your work and potential developments in design, communication and cultural industries.
This Visual Communication (with Advanced Practice) programme, offered by Teesside University, prepares you, as a creative individual, for professional practice in developing new business ideas, products, systems and artefacts. And it provides a stimulating environment to support high-level enquiry into emerging and future aspects of creative practice, through individual and collaborative action. You benefit from existing work that staff are doing around interactive technology and social design.
When you graduate you have the opportunity to go on to a range of design-related employment, develop new enterprise propositions or receive project funding to take your ideas to market.
You can work across a range of professions within design and the creative industries such as a freelance designer, creative entrepreneur, designer maker or creative director. Further study at doctoral level is also an option.
- Critical Thinking and Theoretical Contexts
- Design Research Methods
- Enterprising Leadership and Project Management
- MA Visual Communication Major Project
- Post Digital Futures
- Specialist Skills
- Visual Communication and Creative Direction
- 20 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before
DisciplinesDesign Visual Arts View 526 other Masters in Design in United Kingdom
- Applicants are normally expected to have at least a 2.2 UK honours degree, or equivalent qualification.
- A range of degree subjects are acceptable including subjects related to arts, design or other creative discipline. We also consider relevant experience or equivalent qualifications. Applicants are normally required to present a portfolio of work.
- Students with a degree awarded outside the UK must also meet the University's minimum English language requirements.
- Non-EU international students who need a student visa to study in the UK should check our web pages on UKVI-compliant English language requirements. The University also provides pre-sessional English language courses if you do not meet the minimum English language requirement.
International8500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8500 GBP per year during 20 months.
National4335 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4335 GBP per year during 20 months.
Living costs for Middlesbrough
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.