Music Technology - MMus is provided by Birmingham City University.
What's covered in the course?
- Regular individual tuition in Music Technology from world-leading practitioners and researchers
- A chance to develop a distinctive creative voice within the context of a broad-based course, enhancing your employability.
- The opportunity to participate in a wide variety of creative projects, including interdisciplinary collaborations.
- Access to state-of-the-art hardware, software, recording studios and performance spaces including our experimental black-box performance space called The Lab.
- Regular forums, seminars and masterclasses with distinguished visiting composers and performers.
- A chance to network with leading professionals from around the world through our leading role in Integra Live.
- By studying Music Technology in the setting of a thriving conservatoire, you'll benefit from opportunities to work with professional ensembles and musicians, as well as student performers, including our contemporary music group, Thallein Ensemble.
OpportUNIty: Student Jobs on Campus ensures that our students are given a first opportunity to fill many part-time temporary positions within the University. This allows you to work while you study with us, fitting the job around your course commitments. By taking part in the scheme, you will gain valuable experiences and employability skills, enhancing your prospects in the job market.
- Career Development
- Principal Study : Music Technology
- Concepts in Musicology
- Contemporary Music Concepts and Practice
- Creative Interactive Music Technology Performance
- Critical Editing Techniques
- 24 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Applications will be considered at any time up until the course start date .
DisciplinesMusic Sound Engineering View 32 other Masters in Sound Engineering in United Kingdom
UK students should normally hold an honours degree, ideally but not necessarily in Music.Non-UK students should hold a Bachelor's degree or a similar degree-equivalent diploma, ideally but not necessarily in Music.
International24100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24100 GBP per year during 24 months.
National11300 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11300 GBP per year during 24 months.
Part Time - TBC
Living costs for Birmingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.