What's covered in the course?
Initially in the first stage, you will examine the key challenges faced by global businesses to fully appreciate the complexity and dynamics of leadership and management practice. This will see you broaden your skills in organisation, communication and working with others, particularly within an increasingly diverse cultural context.Management and Finance is provided by Birmingham City University.
During the second stage of your course, you will explore international financial management, including international investment strategies, Capital Asset Pricing and the financial aspects of national and international merger and acquisitions. You’ll learn how to navigate the risks of foreign exchange rates and the intricacies of dividend policy theory and practice for international firms.
You’ll be taught international business strategy while also developing your research skills in preparation for your major project. In addition to the Major project, you will also study both personal and institutional portfolio management, covering key areas such as shares, bonds, property chattels and commodities, and fund management principles and issues.
Enhancing employability skills
You’ll have the opportunity to:
- Take part in a funded company visit to a leading company, such as Jaguar Land Rover, one of the most successful and lucrative businesses in the world.
- Choose to deliver a work-based study project or consultancy project in the final stage of the course using a current employer or a client you find yourself.
- Seek support and engage with events and activities provided by Birmingham City University’s careers service.
- Take part in Birmingham City University’s Graduate Plus scheme.
- Receive employment advice and support via your Personal Tutor.
- Managerial Finance
- The Integrated Business
- Leadership Development
- International Strategic Management
- Major Project
- International Financial Strategy
- Security Analysis and Portfolio Management
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
Applications will be considered at any time up until the course start date .
DisciplinesFinance Financial Mathematics View 111 other Masters in Financial Mathematics in United Kingdom
An honours degree of a British University or equivalent institution (minimum 2:2)An equivalent graduate level qualification from an overseas university or equivalent institution (minimum 2:2)A pre-masters programme approved by Birmingham City UniversityA pre-masters programme with a minimum of 55% average
International16300 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16300 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9000 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Birmingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.