While Public Relations has often been taught through business studies or marketing approaches, this MA approaches PR through the lens of media studies and cultural studies. This makes for a fresh stimulating take on PR at a time when media practices are changing radically and when cultural industries, cultural exchange and cultural politics are more important than ever.
This Media and Public Relations programme from Brunel University London will offer you the opportunity to examine the context in which PR practice takes place and to develop the knowledge and skills needed to work in a sophisticated and ethical way in PR.
We are a partner-member of the Public Relations Communications Association. This means that as students you get:
- Unlimited and free access to PRCA online training courses to add to your academic programme.
- The opportunity to get a PRCA Online Certificate
- Free access to networking events.
- Opportunities to enhance your professional development by attending panels, masterclasses and training sessions.
Careers and your future
Recent graduates have been employed as:
- PR for corporate clients, e.g. Zara
- Media and journalism
- Communications Officers for NGOs and public sector bodies
- Events Officers
- Self-employed PR consultants
- Public Relations Propaganda and Spin
- Key Issues in Media and Public Relations
- Building a PR Campaign
- Promotional Cultures in Film and Television
- Media and Public Relations Major Project
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesJournalism Media Studies & Mass Media Public Relations View 338 other Masters in Media Studies & Mass Media in United Kingdom
- A 2:2 (or above) UK Honours degree, or equivalent internationally recognised qualification, in Social Sciences, Law, Humanities, Arts or Business.
- Other subjects and qualifications will be considered with relevant work experience.
International17875 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17875 GBP per year during 12 months.
National8485 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8485 GBP per year during 12 months.
- UK students: 4,240 GBP part-time
- International students: 8,935 GBP part-time
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.