What is public relations? Who does it and why? How does it relate to the media practices? How do you plan a public relations campaign? And why is it important to have a sophisticated understanding of cultural dynamics in order to understand public relations?
While Public Relations has often been taught through business studies or marketing approaches, this MA approaches PR through the lens of media studies and cultural studies. This makes for a fresh stimulating take on PR at a time when media practices are changing radically and when cultural industries, cultural exchange and cultural politics are more important than ever.
This Media and Public Relations course offered by Brunel University London will offer you the opportunity to examine the context in which PR practice takes place and to develop the knowledge and skills needed to work in a sophisticated and ethical way in PR.
We are a partner-member of the Public Relations Communications Association. This means that as students you get:
- Unlimited and free access to PRCA online training courses to add to your academic programme.
- The opportunity to get a PRCA Online Certificate
- Free access to networking events.
- Opportunities to enhance your professional development by attending panels, masterclasses and training sessions.
Careers and your futureRecent graduates have been employed as:
- Communications Officers for NGOs
- Events Officers
- Self-employed PR consultants
- Key Issues in Media and Public Relations
- Promotional Cultures
- Public Relations Propaganda and Spin
- Media and Public Relations Major Project
- Building a PR Campaign
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMedia Studies & Mass Media Public Relations View 276 other Masters in Media Studies & Mass Media in United Kingdom
- A 2:2 (or above) UK Honours degree, or equivalent internationally recognised qualification, in Social Sciences; Law; Humanties; Arts or Business.
- Other subjects and qualifications will be considered with relevant work experience.
- Applicants may be required to attend an interview
International17355 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 17355 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA8240 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8240 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
- UK/EU students: £4,120 part-time
- International students: £8,675 part-time
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.