The Intellectual Property Law programme from Brunel University London, one of the most comprehensive of its kind in the UK, will give you a solid grounding in the fundamentals of intellectual property and the opportunity to develop specialised skills through our wide range of elective modules covering both policy and practical technology-related issues.
As the use of the Internet and other cross-border communications and commercial technologies expands at pace, employers are on the look-out for candidates with the skills and know-how to keep up with complex and evolving legislation at an international level. Your International Intellectual Property LLM will do just that and make you a preferred prospect by law firms and businesses.
The Intellectual Property Law LLM is accredited by the statutory regulator Intellectual Property Regulation Board (IPReg).
Careers and your future
You will leave Brunel with a firm grounding in Intellectual Property law and with solid legal knowledge, allowing you to be flexible in your future choices. While you’ll have the foundation to pursue an academic career, you will also be well equipped to get into the specialist area of Intellectually Property as a practitioner or adviser at national or international levels.
- International Intellectual Property Law
- Philosophical Foundations of IP
- Patent Law and Practice
- Trade Marks and Allied Rights
- World Trade Organisation (WTO) and Human Rights Law
- European and International Media Law
- Internet Law - Resolving Internet-related Legal Issues and Disputes
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPatent & Intellectual Property Law Legal Studies Master of Laws (LLM) View 354 other Masters in Master of Laws (LLM) in United Kingdom
- A 2:2 (or above) UK Honours degree, or equivalent internationally recognised qualification, in Law or a related subject (International Relations, Political Science, Criminology, and Criminal Justice).
- Other related disciplines and qualifications.
International17875 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17875 GBP per year during 12 months.
National10750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10750 GBP per year during 12 months.
- UK students: 5,375 GBP part-time
- International students: 8,935 GBP part-time
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.