This Dietetics (Pre-Registration) course from Teesside University runs for 21 months, delivered across five semesters. In the first semester you gain the underpinning knowledge and skills to be able to assess and treat individuals, groups and populations with a number of health conditions which impact on their diet and nutrition.
You also undertake 75 hours of practice. In the second semester you undertake 13 weeks of practice placement supervised by qualified dietitians. In the third semester you further develop your dietetic assessment and management, and explore the role of dietitians in promoting health with a focus on public health interventions.
You also study research and innovation in dietetic practice, preparing you for your major project in the final semester. In semester four you undertake a further 13 weeks of practice placement. And finally in semester five you undertake your major project.
Dietitians work in a number of different settings – these include the NHS, private practice, industry, sport and education. Whilst your practice placements are primarily within the NHS, we explore the role of the dietitian in different environments and provide careers guidance and support towards the latter stages of the course.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Dietetic Management
- Clinical Correlations of Food and Nutrition
- Dietetic Management
- Dietetics Practice Placement
- Dissertation Preparation for Health Professionals
- Enhancing Professionalism, Leadership and Service Improvement Skills for the Future Ready Practitioner
- Major Project for Health Professionals
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesNutrition & Dietetics Health Sciences Food Sciences View 137 other Masters in Nutrition & Dietetics in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- You apply direct to the University. Our minimum academic requirement is a 2.1 honours degree (or above) in a subject with significant elements of biochemistry and human physiology. If English isn’t your first language, we require evidence of IELTS Level 7 (or equivalent). No element should be below 6.5.
- Shortlisted applicants are invited to attend an interview at the University. An enhanced criminal history (DBS) check may be required for certain modules or placements which involve working with children and/or adults at risk. Where an enhanced DBS check is required, applicants will cover the cost of these checks which can only be processed through the University.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14500 GBP per year during 24 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Middlesbrough
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.