Gaining an understanding of how scientific principles inform CBT clinical practice, you develop an understanding of how evidence is generated, retrieved, evaluated and importantly, employed within practice. The second year extends your CBT knowledge and skills to enable you to develop competencies in specialist techniques applied to depression and anxiety disorders.
The final part of the course is based around the enhancement of academic credibility through research awareness. If you are already in possession of a postgraduate diploma in CBT you may apply to be considered for advanced standing to the final part of the MSc in the CBT programme. The Cognitive Behavioural Therapy course from Teesside University is approved by the British Association for Cognitive and Behavioural Psychotherapies.
The role of the cognitive behavioural therapist is becoming increasingly prominent in modern healthcare. As a graduate you have opportunities in both statutory and non-statutory mental health services.
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy for Anxiety Disorders
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy for Depression
- Developing Research Projects
- Evidence-based Practice
- The Fundamentals of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesPsychology Public Health Health Sciences View 856 other Masters in Psychology in United Kingdom
- Applicants should have a health related degree 2:2 or above and be working with clients who have anxiety or depression. Throughout the course of the programme, applicants are required to make arrangements to access suitable CBT clients from referrals made to relevant mental health services, to have access to video-taping equipment and to have weekly CBT supervision from BABCP accredited supervisors, confirmation of this is required before you are accepted on to the course.
- Applicants wishing to be considered for Advanced Standing should have a postgraduate diploma in CBT. Applicants who have not undertaken a Level 7 module equivalent to the Teesside University Evidence-based Practice module need to either undertake this module prior to commencement of the MSc in CBT.
- Under recognition of prior learning (RPL) you may be awarded credits for previous study or related work experience which can be credited towards the course you want to study.
National680 GBP/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 680 GBP per module during 36 months.
per 20 credits
Living costs for Middlesbrough
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.