Advanced Restorative Dental Practice programme at University of Aberdeen is for the busy dental practitioner who has an interest in high quality, evidence-based restorative treatment. You’ll be taught by dental professionals who have amassed many years of experience not only in teaching but also in applying their knowledge to their own patient care. The variety of teaching brings you up to date with GDC requirements, enhances your record-keeping skills, communication skills and team-working ability. Our programme covers disciplines that will enhance your practice.Our treatment phases teach you not only the theory but will give you an opportunity to practice those skills in a simulated environment and to then showcase your skills in structured case-based presentations.Each of the restorative disciplines will be covered at a greater depth by teachers such as Professor Richard Ibbetson and consultants including Graeme Lillywhite who will ensure your knowledge and techniques are modern evidence-based dentistry.Later in the programme you will learn to apply these skills and look at when and how to apply adjunct therapies such as bleaching and general practitioner applied orthodontics with an introduction to facial aesthetics.You will also have the opportunity to cover GDC-based requirements such as keeping your Basic Life Support skills honed and completing your core of knowledge training for the next five years.You will receive some business insight from world-class teachers such as Chris Barrow and Ashley Latter who will help you to understand how to enhance your practice and uptake of treatments.
For your dissertation, you will choose a topic you are keen to learn more about or holds a particular interest for you and develop a deeper appreciation and knowledge in your chosen area.
There are many opportunities at the University of Aberdeen to develop your knowledge, gain experience and build a competitive set of skills to enhance your employability. This is essential for your future career success. The Careers Service can help you to plan your career and support your choices throughout your time with us, from first to final year – and beyond.
- Unit 1 Getting Better at General Practice
- Unit 2 Expanding Prosthodontic Skills for the Advanced General Practitioner
- Unit 3 The Perio-Endo Complex unravelled
- Unit 4 Research Methods, Audit and Governance
- Unit 5 Expanding Restorative Dentistry
- Unit 6 The Business of Advanced General Practice
- Unit 7 Dissertation
- 30 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesDentistry View 115 other Masters in Dentistry in United Kingdom
- BDS or equivalent dental degree.
- Qualified for at least 2 years.
- Application via CV and personal statement ( 500 words ) and reference from current or most recent employer stating suitability and support for course. (If self-employed the reference is not necessary).
- Evidence of registration with the General Dental Council is also required for UK applicants.
- You will need access to a clinical camera to take photographs of cases throughout the course and, of course, adequate clinical facilities and access to patients requiring treatment relevant to the subject area.
International20000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 20000 GBP per year and a duration of 30 months.
EU/EEA20000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 20000 GBP per year and a duration of 30 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.