In addition to the core module, students are required to take a minimum of 10 credits in taught modules in each of the three subject areas: Philosophy (PH-code modules), Politics (SO-code modules), and Economics (EC-code modules). Modules from the Department of Law are used to enable the students on an interdisciplinary level to engage with the practical political, social, and economic challenges faced by society today.
Philosophy, Politics and Economics overlap not only in the university, but also in public policy, business, and commerce. The intellectual dexterity and versatility that emerges from a training and grounding in these three overlapping and cognate disciplines is an enormous professional, intellectual, and vocational asset, valued and recognized by governments, policy makers, enterprises, and employers. It enables one to act effectively under guidance in a peer relationship with qualified practitioners; lead multiple, complex, and heterogeneous groups.
Graduates in Philosophy, Politics and Economics programme from Maynooth University most commonly chose a career in finance, politics, journalism, law, industry, teaching, social work, accountancy, business management, management consultancy, advertising and the many branches of the public services, including the civil and diplomatic services and local government.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The Wealth and Poverty of Nations: Values, Governments and Markets
- Migration and Human Rights
- Criminology and Criminal justice
- The Emergence of the Concept of Rights
- Phenomenology and Scholasticism: Stein's Philosophy
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Philosophy & Ethics Political Science View 32 other Masters in Political Science in Ireland
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- The degree is targeted at high quality undergraduate students who have obtained at least a 2.2 degree in either PPE, Economics, Philosophy, Politics or a related subject. A Background in Economics is highly recommended.
- Students will be accepted on the basis of a successful interview.
- Applicants must have a recognised primary degree which is considered equivalent to Irish university primary degree level.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14000 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA6500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6500 EUR per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Maynooth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.