The new educational organisation based on integrated courses, active involvement, the use of English as a target language and the clinical approach from the first year will allow you to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to operate modern medicine even in multicultural contexts.
In this Medicine and Surgery programme from the University of Padua you will acquire an Italian qualification that will give you the opportunity to access specialist schools in the medical field and will allow you to enter the job market in public or private structures (also as a freelancer), working both independently and in teams.
Characteristics and objectives
- The Single-Cycle Master Degree in Medicine and Surgery has, as its main objective, the training of a competent doctor, able to practice modern medicine in clinical and biomedical fields, ranging from health promotion to prevention and treatment of diseases, including highly critical and complex situations, even in international contexts.
- To reach this goal, the proposed training program aims to increase the international profile of the medical doctor, using teaching methods already validated at international level and based on integrated learning strategies, with a gradual approach to clinical practice from the first year, and with the active involvement of the student using Problem-Based Solving methods. We intend to train a doctor with a holistic vision of the human being, with particular attention to health promotion, preventive medicine and global health.
- The use of English as a vehicular language allows to train doctors who will be able to interact with English-speaking patients of different nationalities, to make the best use of information tools (from database to conferences, courses, webinars, etc.) for their continuous updating and possible research activity, and to provide access to further levels of specialization or working activities also in international settings. Moreover, the use of English could encourage mobility experiences, both for students and teachers, to and from European and extra-European universities.
Occupational opportunitiesThe employment opportunities for the medical doctors are:
- Public and private clinics.
- Hospitals and specialized centers.
- Universities and research centers.
- National and international health and humanitarian organizations.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Other Linguistic Activities
- Cell Function, Cell Physiology and Architecture
- The Building Blocks
- Biological Molecules
- Principles Of Basic Research
- The Nervous System
- The Human Body In Action
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- To be eligible for admission to a Master’s degree, you need a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent foreign qualification with specific curricular requirements.
International588 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 588 EUR per year and a duration of 72 months.
EU/EEA588 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 588 EUR per year and a duration of 72 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.