The programme prepares for careers in academia, public institutions, and upscale jobs in the industry. For its best graduates it is a premier route for admission to the University of Luxembourg’s Doctoral School in Economics and Finance.
The Quantitative Economics and Finance course from University of Luxembourg meets the highest international standards and compares to the first year of doctoral programmes at top universities in the US or the UK. In the second semester, students have to write a Master thesis. Close ties to the University’s economics and finance research departments ensure individual supervision by faculty members.
The MSc in Quantitative Economics and Finance is equivalent to the first year of doctoral education, and graduates are eligible to apply to the University of Luxembourg Doctoral School in Economics and Finance.
Graduates from the MSc in Quantitative Economics and Finance will also find employment in Luxembourg’s dynamic and international job market. They are especially qualified for jobs with central banks, private banks, insurance companies, administrations, European and national institutions, or statistical services.
- Ability to pursue a PhD in economics or finance
- Methods and tools to analyse economic phenomena in a complex, data-driven world
- Skills to provide evidence-based, scientific policy advice
- Critical thinking, ability to carry out independent research and to communicate its findings
- Exposure to the research environment of the University of Luxembourg’s economics and finance departments
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesEconomics Finance View 3 other Masters in Economics in Luxembourg
- Full degree transcripts (Bachelor, Master or equivalent), incl. an official English translation if the original is not in English.
- Diplomas of previous degrees (Bachelor, Master or equivalent) or other confirmation of completion (if diploma not yet available), incl. an official English translation if the original is not in English
- Separate list of relevant statistics courses followed as part of previous education, incl. title, short description and grade achieved. If the student has not taken any statistics courses, this should be mentioned.
- General GRE test scores (pdf suffices)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation letter/personal statement
- Additional documents, such as copy of passport or identity card, photo, etc. may be required by the student services department (SEVE).
International400 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 200 EUR per semester during 12 months.
EU/EEA400 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 200 EUR per semester during 12 months.
€200 per semester
Living costs for Luxembourg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.