The Quantitative Economics and Finance programme at University of Luxembourg prepares for careers in academia, public institutions, and upscale jobs in the industry. For its best graduates it is a premier route for admission to the University of Luxembourg’s Doctoral School in Economics and Finance.
The MSc in Quantitative Economics and Finance meets the highest international standards and compares to the first year of doctoral programmes at top universities in the US or the UK. In the second semester, students have to write a Master thesis. Close ties to the University’s economics and finance research departments ensure individual supervision by faculty members.
5 reasons to study quantitative economics and finance in Luxembourg
- Get to know the research frontier in economics and finance
- Strong links to research carried out at Uni.lu’s economics and finance departments
- Curriculum meets highest international standards of first year - doctoral studies
- Gain knowledge and skills for a career in academia, public institutions, or the industry
- Study in one of Europe’s leading financial centres
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Mathematics and Statistics for Economics and Finance
- Advanced Econometrics
- Advanced Microeconomics
- Advanced Macroeconomics
- Advanced Financial Theory
Students applying for the one-year Master of Science in Quantitative Economics and Finance need to have successfully completed four years of university studies (240 ECTS), usually a Bachelor degree and one-year Master in economics, finance, business, management, mathematics, or a related discipline.
Faculty is composed of
- Academics from the University of Luxembourg, in particular from the Faculty of Law, Economics and Finance, and from abroad.
- Professionals from Luxembourg and abroad
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesEconomics Finance View 6 other Masters in Finance in Luxembourg
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Applicants need to have successfully completed four years of university studies (240 ECTS), usually a Bachelor’s degree and one-year Master’s, or equivalent, in economics, finance, business, management, mathematics, social sciences, or a related discipline.
- Full degree transcripts (Bachelor, Master or equivalent), incl. an official English translation if the original is not in English.
- General GRE test scores (pdf suffices)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation letter/personal statement
- Additional documents, such as copy of passport or identity card, photo, etc. may be required by the student services department (SEVE).
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International400 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 200 EUR per semester during 12 months.
EU/EEA400 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 200 EUR per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Luxembourg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Merit-based financial assistance in the form of scholarships is available to a limited number of admitted students. These scholarships include a payment of € 1050,-- per month for the academic year starting in September 2020 and closing in August 2021.Luxembourg nationals and non-nationals who have lived in the country for more than five years/are children of parents employed in Luxembourg may be eligible to apply for CEDIES, financial assistance provided by the Luxembourg government.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.