The candidates who complete the program are expected to have achieved the following learning outcomes, defined by general competence, knowledge and skills.
- extensive and broad knowledge of complex regional studies and international relations in accordance with national and international standards in the field.
- comprehensive knowledge at a high level in modeling regional political, economic, socio-cultural processes and in realizing foreign-policy, foreign- economic and cross-cultural contacts with European countries.
- find and evaluate relevant sources in a critical manner, and analyze socio-political studies of foreign countries compare them with development of political systems, cultures and processes in different world regions.
- present information and ideas in an instructive manner to both researchers and the general public.
- formulate relevant research questions in an independent manner, and develop research programs in line with scientific and ethical standards.
- explain causes of integration and disintegration processes in the modern world, analyze their sources, internal contradictions and potential consequences.
- demonstrate in-depth knowledge in linguistic and cultural peculiarities of studied region.
- acquired in-depth and specialized disciplinary competence through their education.
- participation in research projects and for doctoral studies.
- analyze social, economic, political and foreign-policy issues that require skills at a high level.
- apply their knowledge and skills in theory and methods of international relations in new areas to perform advanced tasks and projects.
Graduates of the program will be ready to perform business communications with foreign partners, to accomplish duties of a press-secretary, a manager of regional and federal bodies of public administration responsible for realizing foreign policy in respect of European countries, giving an expert evaluation of data in various aspects of social, political and economic development of foreign countries and regions, preparing analytical dossier of different countries, establishing and maintaining of cultural and professional contacts with embassies and consulates of Russia in foreign countries.
There are also professional opportunities within the media and education, government bodies, public administration, government and nongovernment organizations, scientific institutions and private companies having relations with foreign partners.
- History and Methodology of Foreign Complex Regional Studies
- Foreign Language (English, German)
- Political Systems of the European Region
- Countries in the System of International Relation
- Processes of Modernization, Transformation and Integration in Europe
- Cultural Space of Europe
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Northern (Arctic) Federal University and/or in Russia, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Regional Studies, Political Science, History, Economics, Sociology, or related subject area
- English proficiency (B2)
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.