The University of Waikato Master of Business Administration develops graduates with the expertise to drive continuous innovation within their organisation, be able to identify emerging strategic opportunities or threats, lead high-performing teams of people, and confidently manage any challenges that come their way.
This 180-point programme is comprised of a suite of papers structured around three interdisciplinary areas - Frameworks, Leadership and Value Creation. Each area imparts the knowledge and skills that today's leaders require as they face unprecedented disruption and digital transformation in the 21st century.
The Waikato MBA is ideal for:
- Middle managers looking to step into more senior roles
- Functional, technical or professional specialists moving into positions that require broader management knowledge
- Business owners or entrepreneurs looking to add best-practice knowledge to their practical expertise.
Smaller class sizes means a higher level of interaction with your lecturers and classmates through practical and group assignemnts.
You will also be exposed to inspiring thought leadership presentations that will challenge your current thinking about management, and enhance your ability to drive positive changes within your own organisation.
The professional and cultural diversity of MBA participants also provides exceptional insights into different management practices and leadership behaviours, and helps to build lifelong professional networks.
Waikato has an international reputation
You'll be studying at Waikato Management School, which has held Triple Crown Accreditation from EQUIS, AMBA and AACSB since 2005. This is an international benchmark of excellence in teaching and research, achieved by less than 1% of the world's business schools.
Triple Crown accredited by three global accreditation organisations - AACSB, AMBA and EQUIS.
CEO Magazine MBA Rankings
The Waikato MBA retained its Tier One status in CEO Magazine’s Global MBA Rankings 2018, since first achieving this rank in 2017. Waikato is one of only 18 business schools outside North America and Europe to achieve this status.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Competing in a Complex World
- Understanding the Business Environment
- Financial Analysis and Performance
- People and Productivity
- Leadership for Growth and Development
- Creating Positive Disruption
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Executive MBA Master in Business Administration (MBA) View 20 other Masters in Business Administration in New Zealand
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
You can apply for the Waikato MBA if you have:
- A bachelor's degree, or an equivalent professional qualification
If you are unsure if you have the necessary management experience, please send us a copy of your CV so we can assess your eligibility.You will also need to provide the following documentation:
- A detailed CV that outlines your education and employment history that highlights leadership and management skills or experience.
- Two written letters of reference; one from your employer and the other can be from an individual of your choice.References should be from individuals who can comment on your managerial strengths, leadership potential and personal character.
- At least three years' relevant management experience OR at least 10 years' work experience
International27141 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 40712 USD for the full programme during 18 months.
National18763 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28145 USD for the full programme during 18 months.
- Domestic: $39,164
- International: $56,650
Living costs for Hamilton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.