- critically reflect on their experience in the field
- develop the public debate on social justice and critical citizenship
- have a thorough grounding and an understanding of the background to and influences on research in adult and community education
The MEd is particularly suited to those who are seeking theoretical frameworks from which to explore and question the assumptions that underpin their work practices and critical reflection.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Theories In Adult And Community Education
- Advanced Gender Studies In Adult And Community Education
- Power, Politics And Society: Adult Education In Context
- History Of Adult And Community Education
- Ethical Perspectives On Adult Education
- Critical Reflective Practice In Adult Education
- Thesis & Research Completion
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Adult Education Teaching View 36 other Masters in Education in Ireland
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Maynooth University and/or in Ireland, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Candidates must have a primary degree with a minimum grade of 2:1 in one of the social sciences (Adult Education, community work, social care, sociology, political science, economics, psychology, anthropology, education etc.) or have a minimum grade of 2:1 in the Postgraduate Diploma in Adult, Community and Further Education/the Higher Diploma in Further Education. These are the minimum entry requirements and meeting these requirements will not guarantee an offer of entry onto the programme
- Selection will be based on application, interview and references. Interviews will take place mid-June. The interview will include a discussion of the candidate’s proposed research topic.
- Should we consider late applications, late interviews will take place in August.
- Please note: The University may waive these entry conditions in certain cases.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14000 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Maynooth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.