In this Applied Physics programme from Hokkaido University, students in the division acquire the cutting-edge knowledge and develop the technical prowess, insight and problem solving abilities necessary to:
- engage in research using the latest technology to elucidate and control interactions involving photons, phonons and electrons in materials, and
- develop in-depth understanding of physical properties.
In this way, the division supports the development of experts who can engage in creative and comprehensive R&D in interdisciplinary and boundary areas and excel in the international arena.
Although postgraduate students spend most of their time working on research toward their Masters and Doctoral theses, six lecture subjects are offered for each major course (as main specialized subjects) as well as three other subjects (as semi-specialized subjects). In this way one earns at least 30 credits for Masters students and at least 10 credits for Doctoral students.
- Physics of Correlated Systems
- Nonlinear Optics
- Optical Science
- Low Temperature Physics
- Physics of Condensed Matter
- Advanced Physics and Technology of Materials
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering Physics Natural Sciences View 21 other Masters in Physics in Japan
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application fee: 30,000 yen
- Entrance fee: 282,000 yen (upon enrollment)
- e3 Application form
- Education history
- Three Photos, approximately 3.5x4.5 cm
- Research proposal
- Abstract(s) of Bachelor's/Master's Thesis(es)
- Abstract(s) of Publication(s)
- Academic Transcripts
- Graduation/Expected Graduation Certificates
- Two recommendation letters
- Documents to Prove English Proficiency
- Photocopy of your passport
- Declaration of Finance and original Bank Deposit statement
- Copy of Scholarship Approval Letter and Scholarship Information Form
- Copy of Residence Card (Both sides)
International3766 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1883 USD per semester during 24 months.
National3766 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1883 USD per semester during 24 months.
- Tuition: 267,900 yen per semester
Living costs for Sapporo
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.