Computational biology is a multidisciplinary approach addressing and solving current problems in biology and medicine using methodologies stemming from mathematics, physical sciences and computer science.
During the Mathematical Sciences for Biomedical Data and Biophysics programme offered by Université Côte d'Azur, students will be taught relevant theoretical and methodological concepts in areas ranging from:
- Mathematical and computational methods in computational biology and bioinformatics
- Modelling approaches to relevant to study biochemical and biophysical processes in cells and tissues
- Analysis and interpretation of large datasets coming from high-throughput technologies ( “omics” data, images, signals, measurements), in particular, single-cell data
- Fundamental aspects of cell biology
- Biology of cancer and ageing
In short, prospective students will learn to tackle computational biology problems in a scientific, evidence-based manner as well as have the opportunity to gain experience working in a true multidisciplinary mindset.
- Ph. D programs in bioinformatics, biophysics, systems biology
- Research Engineer in private R&D sector of pharma companies, software companies, hospitals, CRO, Diagnosis companies, whose activities address: Human genomics, Personalized and precision medicine, Regenerative medicine, Single cell data analysis, Cancer systems biology, Metagenomics, Bioengineering, Synthetic biology, Bioimaging
More informationVisit official programme website
- Cell and tissue biology
- Data Science
- Systems Biology
- Advanced cell and tissue biology
- Cancer systems biology
- Computational biology for the biology of aging
- Formal and computational approaches for single cell biology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Data Science & Big Data Health Informatics View 32 other Masters in Data Science & Big Data in France
Students who apply to this program must be fluent in English (CECRL level B1) and have an established background in Mathematics, Physics or Computer Science for example, with a bachelor's degree or a license (French undergraduate degree) in a relevant field.
International4000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4000 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA4000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4000 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.