This Statistical Data Science programme at Birkbeck, University of London is ideal for those looking to upskill quickly in the theoretical underpinnings and practical implementation of the kinds of statistical analysis that are often required in the practice of data science.
It will give you the confidence to ask the right questions when presented with a statistical analysis to check through, and to carry out such an analysis by yourself using a high-level statistical programming language.
- A quick way to upskill in the theoretical underpinnings and practical implementation of the statistical analysis required in a large number of data science settings. Rigour, attention to detail, and nuance in particular, are strongly emphasised within the programme.
- Ideal as a way to top up existing knowledge, as preparation for further graduate study or as a stand-alone course.
Careers and Employability
Graduates can pursue careers in data collection, research, and analysis, modelling and forecasting. Possible professions include statistician, operational researcher, or research scientist (maths). This Statistics programme at Birkbeck, University of London may also be useful in becoming a forensic statistician or high education lecturer.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Mathematical Methods
- Statistics: Theory and Practice
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
You are strongly advised to apply now, to ensure there are still places on your chosen course and to give you time to complete the admissions process.
DisciplinesMathematics Statistics Actuarial Science View 220 other Masters in Mathematics in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
An undergraduate degree in any subject, plus A-level mathematics (or equivalent), or at least 60% in the Birkbeck module Calculus 1 (studied as an affiliate student).
- Applications are reviewed on their individual merits and your professional qualifications and/or relevant work experience will be taken into consideration positively. We actively support and encourage applications from mature learners.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International5340 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5340 GBP per year during 12 months.
National3120 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3120 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.