The UK has the largest creative sector in Europe, and government and business increasingly recognise its importance in generating jobs, wealth and public engagement. It is therefore critical to understand the key particularities and principles in managing the skill and talent that power sectors such as advertising, architecture, art and crafts, design, film and video, music, theatre and the performing arts, publishing, TV and radio, and computing and digital design.
We will consider the theoretical foundations of management within the creative industries, but we will also look at real-life applications of this theory, the realities of contemporary professional practice, and how you can create business value through strategic management, innovation and design. This combination of practical insight and analysis of real-world issues will enhance your career development and equip you for a range of management roles.
The Creative Industries programme at Birkbeck, University of London uniquely shares expertise, knowledge, ideas and research across two renowned centres of academic excellence: our School of Business, Economics and Informatics and our School of Arts. You can choose option modules in business, management, marketing and the knowledge economy, as well as in arts management, policy and planning, and digital cultures.
Careers and Employability
Graduates go in to careers in the creative industries and media businesses. Possible professions include arts administrator, multimedia specialist, or advertising account executive. This degree may also be useful in non-media-related industries such as banking and finance, as well as in becoming a community arts worker.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Digital Creativity and New Media Management
- Intellectual Capital and Competitiveness
- Research Methods in Management (Postgraduate)
- The Creative Industries: Theory and Contexts
- Understanding Arts Policy and Management
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
You are strongly advised to apply now, to ensure there are still places on your chosen course and to give you time to complete the admissions process.
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering Marketing View 125 other Masters in Industrial & Systems Engineering in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- International students who complete the Business pathway on the International Foundation Programme for Postgraduate Study (Grad Diploma) by passing all four modules, including passing Approaches to Business and Management with 60%, are given automatic progression to this programme.
- We will review every postgraduate application to Birkbeck on its individual merits and your professional qualifications and/or relevant work experience will be taken into consideration positively. We actively support and encourage applications from mature learners.
- On your application form, please list all your relevant qualifications and experience, including those you expect to achieve.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International17850 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 17850 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA11550 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11550 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.