This Intercultural Communication for Business and Professions (Part-Time) course at Birkbeck, University of London focuses on intercultural communication skills, including written, oral and interpersonal skills, and is specially designed for:
- language and communication graduates who are looking to develop a career in international organisations or the business sector
- business graduates who would like to improve their professional and business communication skills to enhance their employability
- professionals working in fields such communication, public relations, human resources, management and business consulting who want to expand their global perspective and increase effectiveness
- intercultural trainers, coaches and consultants interested in enhancing their existing knowledge and experience.
The programme benefits from a combination of knowledge-based and skills-oriented training, world-class experts in intercultural communication, Birkbeck's flexible and student-friendly support, and London's position as an international multicultural and multilingual city.
The programme is also unique in offering you a choice between two dissertation pathways: an empirical research investigation of an aspect of language teaching and learning or an independent library-based project on a relevant topic of your choice.
Careers and Employability
Graduates can pursue careers in education, management, local government, public relations and business. Possible professions include management consultant, human resources officer, or operational researcher. This degree can also be useful in becoming a marketing executive or retail manager.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Language, Culture and Communication
- Research Methods and Design
- Analysing Language Structure and Use
- Identity in Applied Linguistics Research Level 7
- Introduction to Applied Linguistics
- Introduction to Intercultural Communication in Business Contexts
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
You are strongly advised to apply now, to ensure there are still places on your chosen course and to give you time to complete the admissions process.
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Communication Sciences Sociology View 235 other Masters in Communication Sciences in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A second-class honours degree or above, or overseas equivalent, in a relevant subject. Preferred subjects include languages, linguistics, communication, TESOL, translation studies or business management, although other subjects will be considered if you have relevant professional/personal experience.
- Work experience in an intercultural context is desirable, but not essential.
- A short admissions task of no more than 500 words may be requested, to support your application.
- You must provide two references, at least one of which should be an academic reference.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International7600 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7600 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA4175 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4175 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.